STARTEK

UtilitateEvaluareData
Se afișează toate 3.065 de recenzii

Just okay

Evaluare recomandată de Indeed

Indeed a ales cea mai utilă evaluare
Worked here for over 10 years. Promoted a few times. Only worked the phones for a few months. Once you get off the phones, the workload is relatively small. HR operates like a little gang - nothing is confidential and if you're not the gossipy type, they're just not that into you. Pay is trash, comparatively speaking. These guys were doing work from home years before the pandemic.

Was an Ok place

the hardest part of the job was back 2 back calls and mostly angry customers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers and supervisors which were friendly

Pro

Cafeteria with free coffee - friendly environment

Contra

stressful job and hard to reach higher tier support

great team leadership

the company had a great support team that assisted the represntatives through their calls. I enjoyed working at the call center. THe only thing was not being stuck on the same shift

Pro

company provided differant gift incentatives

late shifts
A fost utilă această recenzie?

It was as good place to work. I especially liked working from home and there was a lot of variety in the work...taking calls, chat, and email and working on offline department was the best.
A fost utilă această recenzie?

Nice place to work, but to many changes and instability

I would not recommend this place to work unless you have no more choices. Management never helps and supervisors do not care about helping you more than they care about reaching the metrics for their own good.
A fost utilă această recenzie?

Evaluați compania la care ați lucrat recent

Faceți-vă cunoscută experiența pentru a ajuta alte persoane

I love working here

it's a shame they are letting all of us go. I love my job and they are the only ones who gave me a chance. I will miss my co workers and customers. it's just a shame of how they did us.

Pro

chat job

laid-off

Good Company

since its a shared service they have good salary and benefits. so much things to learn . Workmates are good and easy to reach out if you have concerns or problem regarding work.

Great job

I loved my job but when they laid us off it was unexpected and put a lot of people in bad situations like the company did not care. Times are hard and without work it makes it no better.

Homophobic work environment

This company has absolutely no regard for its employees. They are currently trying to get more employees even though they are falsely promising an opportunity. Don't believe the lies unless you make really really really good friends with management you will not go anywhere within this company. If you do I would suggest to hide as much of yourself as they will make any excuse to terminate there employees just for tax bonuses. And training is a joke. You have to learn yourself and be thrown to the wolves if you don't make it then you just won't. People that work here for more than 6 months will need therapy after dealing with as much abuse as this company will inflict upon its employees. Strongly suggest to just save yourself the hassle and find something better like fast good or something less stressful and more rewarding.

Mostly work at home

There are many clients available but the work is primarily customer service via phone, chat &/or email. Info from higher levels filters down slowly or not at all. It's difficult to get answers to questions unless it's something your immediate management can answer. Contact between departments/teams is primarily by emails, which frequently go unanswered. Work schedules can vary from 8-5 to overnight shifts, depending on the client. Training is fairly good, also depending on the client. Pay seems to stay in the average range, but also varies by client and job title. Annual pay increases are inconsistent, with no explanations for why they are not being given. Some years minimal increases (1%) are given, some years average increases (3%) are given, some years no increases at all are given, regardless of the quality of your work based on performance reviews. Advancement is very limited, depending on the client and size of the team you are assigned to.

Pro

work from home

Contra

difficult to get answers to questions, the bottom level employees often ignored

Great place

Good place to work but unreliable as the contract ended and we were all laid off left with no jobs. I was really upset as I love this job and it was super inconvenient

Short term job opportunities

Jobs are very unstable, and the pay is not good. It also took almost two months to actually start working after submitting all the proper documents for hire, and orientation. The only upside was hour lunches and work life balance.

Pro

Work life balance

Unstable job conditions
A fost utilă această recenzie?

Great training but not realistic

They were very accommodating and had an amazing training experience for everyone but it was not realistic as to what entailed on the floor. You can learn all about how to fix the issues with customers and everything about the system but management only notices you when they get in trouble.

Pro

Easy work load

Management was scarce

Job was okay.

Job was okay at best. It was a job for sure. The downside is that they'll hire a bunch of people for their client they will be providing support for and I guess they anticipated to have a high turnover rate and lose a lot of those employees but they didn't, so they had to start cutting everyones hours completely, so the new full time employees getting 40 hours (and even the ones who have been here for YEARS) basically all got their hours cut down by 12 hours every single week. Who can pay their bills with that in this economy? No one is the answer. If their client decides that they are no longer in need of X amount of employees, Startek will lay you off with barley any warning to find a new job (I got a 9 day warning notice :)). Do not work here. It is not even remotely close to "a temporary job" for you to find somewhere else to go. Go somewhere else. They treat their employees like feces just like the customers do. The ONLY good thing I have to say about my time here was the Team I was on. The supervisor/manager was super nice, super helpful, etc, even was on my side when I was getting laid off to try and stop them from doing that as I was performing the best in his team. I hope this business dies. Unfortunately it probably won't ever.

Good Nice at home job

Pays really well. Some of management aren’t has good. Overall a good company, everyone is respectful towards each other. Makes work environment more friendly
A fost utilă această recenzie?

Good

Startek was a good company to work for when I worked there years ago.I think they are no defunct, but the people were nice. 8/10 would recommend. Lots of money.
A fost utilă această recenzie?

Good job but always temporary.

I liked working with Startek however the abrupt and no warning of ending a job assignment was the problem. Then when transferring jobs within there is a month gap before your assignment starts. Could not live like that.

Bad management

Not able to take time off for doctors appointments, no benefits , age discrimination.poor management, no training, lack of communication with employees

Pro

No pros

Aggressive discrimination

Good people

People are great, the company however is not. The company lost its client and now has laid off the whole chat department. The leads were the only ones that were kept on.
A fost utilă această recenzie?

Inconsistent management, great coworkers.

Management is down to a luck of the draw. There are some managers who'll help you get you where you need to be and are patient as long as you're showing a positive trend of improvement, and then there are those who act like they're Big Brother. Other engagement specialists are happy to help guide you if you can't find something. It's a shame the job's gone now.

Mismanaged

Mismanaged, just looking for clients never cared to properly teach or keep agents properly informed on aspects of the job, work life, scheduling, or any other nuances
A fost utilă această recenzie?

Vreți să aflați mai multe despre munca aici?

Puneți o întrebare despre munca sau interviurile de angajare la STARTEK. Comunitatea noastră este gata să răspundă.Puneți o Întrebare

Evaluare generală

Bazat pe 3.065 de evaluări.

Evaluări după categorie