Sephora
3.8 din 5 stele.
Primiți actualizări săptămânale, locuri de muncă noi și evaluări

Sephora Evaluările angajatului

Ordonare după

UtilitateEvaluareData
Se afișează toate 4,656 de recenzii
Cultura Locurilor de muncă

Sephora is a great company, which teached me a lot of things about sales departments and customers needs.

Evaluare recomandată de Indeed

Indeed a ales cea mai utilă evaluare
The cultural patterns in Sephora, and business management are inspired and nourished by the feminine values. Therefore, Sephora, "love" has a crucial place and this leads both with customers and partners and in our community relationships. Every day at work was a learning opportunity in a dynamic, enthusiastic and desire to learn team. We were all young and with a huge desire to learn how to welcome customers' needs, which was the most dificult part of the jos because we are all different between us.

raised they pay

they recently in 2021 raised the pay o be competitive with other companies. $17.50 starting off. Not a stressful job but be wary that you might be getting off early depending on shift (except peak) because the perryman warehouse is an online DC.

Pro

pay and job security.

Contra

not as flexible with schedule .

Worst job I’ve ever had

Honestly the worst job I’ve ever had. The environment was so stressful and my store manager was nuts HR would get constant complains about the same manager and what she does and nothing ever seemed to be done so I left this horrible place. I did learn a lot i will say but it honestly was the worst job ever and I’d never recommend Sephora to anyone management was horrible

Not worth it

It’s simply doesn’t pay enough for all the work hay you. You are not appreciated and management will hesistate to give you full time position even though they put you in for full time hours
Cultura Locurilor de muncă

It all depends on your managers

My experience here wasn’t the worst. I enjoyed It for awhile. They were pretty accommodating with time off requests and availability changes. However when the pandemic hit all beauty advisors were laid off (offered compensation ($200) and unemployment at least) and to my knowledge, none were invited back when the store reopened. It left a sour taste in my mouth. Your experience will depend on who your managers are because they will make or break your career there. I also was offered a raise from $13 to $15 at the beginning of 2020 and never received it.
A fost utilă această recenzie?

Evaluați compania la care ați lucrat recent

Faceți-vă cunoscută experiența pentru a ajuta alte persoane

Cultura Locurilor de muncă

You learn a lot but they overwork you

I had fun in the beginning but toward the end of it management didn’t care about you and worked you like a dog for not enough pay. You do learn a lot though

Depressing and Unprofessional Place to Work at

Overall, the managers are very power hungry and power trip all the time. They bully you into doing what they want and when you disagree they find a lame excuse to let you go. When you make a mistake, there is no seek to understand or coaching conversation, they write you up and give you a warning right away. Career advancements are also very rare.

Pro

You get to make your own schedule

Contra

Your stuck in the same role and can't advance to other higher roles in the company
Cultura Locurilor de muncă

Busy workplace with a tendency for micro management

I worked at Sephora for nearly a decade and the gratis and trainings were wonderful. the overall client service experience was unfortunate, and management consistently was unsupportive, untrusting and overbearing. As a company they tokenize minorities for profits and don’t do anything to give back to those communities; major performative activism.

Pro

Gratis

Contra

No work life balance, micro management, performative company

Ambiente lavorativo stressante

C’è troppa competizione e cattiveria e sinceramente alla fine nessuno vuole fare niente x questo motivo assumono stagisti per farli fare di ogni mentre loro spettegolano o stanno in magazzino ad intascarsi qualche prodotto pessimo ambiente sconsiglio assolutamente!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro

Nessuno

Troppiiii

Fun Workplace

Great place to work. There are lots of room for advancement and to grow with the company. Work hours are reasonable. Great life/work balance. Great employee discounts and fun incentives

Pro

Employee Discount, Gratis

Cultura Locurilor de muncă

Really fun workplace. Bust atimes but overall cool

Very fun workplace. Needs more training for different areas but overall cool place no complains. I love the products I've only personally tried their don't settle concealer, and I can honestly say that it quickly became my all time favorite

Productive workplace

Work and pay is good.People are nice and helpfulBenefits ok Sometimes you won’t work a whole shiftDepending on the volume of workI don’t remember having a break

Great staff

Working here you get good education on the products. Pretty flexible work schedule, so great if you are in school. If you love makeup and skincare this is good exposure. You also get gratis and that’s a plus, and 401k!

Horrible Work/life balance

I went from enjoying the flexibility of a part-time job at a lower traffick store, to being locked into a near full-time schedule without any benefits. Schedules here are made just shy of full time hours to avoid paying benefits. Scheduling accommodations [especially for employees with additional jobs] is lacking. There is little to no follow-up regarding career development.

Pro

Sufficient product training

Contra

Poor work/life balance, high turnover rate

Fun place to work at

Fun place to work at. Would barely get any hours even though they were constantly hiring people … Probably would have stayed if pay was better, hours were better, and management was.
Cultura Locurilor de muncă

Very toxic workplace with judgmental staff

I worked at one of the brand new Sephora @ Kohls. It was great for about the first 2 weeks and then it got horrible. The management at the store was horrible, and they would constantly talk behind my back while I was working, and had a good friend there tell me what was being said. Of course when I confronted someone about it, I was told I was lying. The Sephora "manager" actually made a remark straight to my face about my hours because I am in college, and after that I was just over it. Part timers (me) were not allowed days off and would basically be interrogated about why you were asking off. Myself and other girl quit on the same day because of how horrible it was becoming in that short amount of time we were there.

Pro

Free beauty products

Overworked, rude coworkers

Supporting & Encoureging

Sephora is open to support and encourage people of all types of backgrounds. From religion to se*ual orientation, the company shows true diversity. You are celebrated regardless of your differences.
Cultura Locurilor de muncă

Fun workplace, learn a lot, nice coworkers

Overall it was nice working there. You get to learn alot about the products and gain more knowledge and kills when it comes to artistry and products.

Negative Experience

When I started working at Sephora I was so excited and I was really looking forward to it since it is one of my favourite stores. In the beginning, everyone was helpful in providing training and for the most part coworkers try to be positive. This environment can feel fake and suffocating when coworkers are rude for no reason and are gossipy like high school girls. Management did not seem to care about this at all, only the needs of the business. Also, be prepared to make scheduling requests and for it to get denied or to just find out you are scheduled anyways like a full-timer. Terrible job for students in high school and/or in college/university that are looking for a flexible, rewarding, and fun part-time job.

Pro

Talking to clients, the store music, and the gratis.

Contra

Negative coworkers and poor management.
Cultura Locurilor de muncă

Enjoyed working holidays there.

I liked it so much I worked the last two holidays season's there. If you love all things beauty it can be a real fun job. Can get busy so can be stressful sometimes. Has some good freebies tho.

Pro

gratis
Cultura Locurilor de muncă

Azienda sempre avanti a tutti con tecnologie all avanguardia ambiente stimolante coloratissimo

Una grande scuola molto faticosa ma fondamentale per il proprio futuro in qualsiasi altra azienda. MoltoStrutturata una forse l’unica ben strutturata con tutti i vari dipartimenti sempre pronti a supportare i negozi e le risorse. Quando ci lavori ti manca l’aria per il troppo lavoro che ti sembra quasi di non avere una tua vita al di fuori ma che ti manca tanto quando ne uscirai per intraprendere nuove sfide, anche se sai che non vorresti mai più tornare ma porti nel cuore un bagaglio enorme di esperienza emotiva e conoscitiva e tanta competenza. Felice e orgogliosa di averne fatto parte per ben 10 anni.

Pro

Dotazione mensile di prodotti, innumerevoli corsi formativi di brand e di management, innovazione tecnologica ambiente dinamico

Contra

Ansia stress orari disumani lavoro faticosissimo
A fost utilă această recenzie?

Vreți să aflați mai multe despre munca aici?

Puneți o întrebare despre munca sau interviurile de angajare la Sephora. Comunitatea noastră este gata să răspundă.Puneți o Întrebare

Evaluare generală

Bazat pe 4,656 de evaluări.
1.689