Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Primiți actualizări săptămânale, locuri de muncă noi și evaluări

Recenzii ale angajaților Hewlett Packard Enterprise din Chicago, IL

Ordonare după
18 evaluări se potrivesc cu căutarea
Vedeți toate cele 4.668 de recenzii
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
Changes in company direction each year, in 3 years I had 4 different managers. If the numbers are up life is great, but as soon as sales go down it is very possible that you could lose your job. Pay and benefits are great, but top down management strategy created a lot of tension in all areas of the business.
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
Pros The company has a great legacy that opens the door for opportunities. HPE owns the IP for some industry-leading technology that could shape how customers do IT. Cons Constant cost-cutting driven staff reductions have eliminated thought leadership while destroying morale and collaboration. However, duplication of roles exist. It is common to see several people doing the same work that they view is different from each other. Communication channels across organizations are poor. Incentive structure outside of sales is not competitive. Despite a strong product portfolio sales driven decision making.
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
There was a lot of tumult while I worked at HPE - sell-offs of large stakes of the company and an underperforming sector. There was also constant shake-up at higher levels of the organization.
Pro
Flexible hours, decent pay
constant tumult
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
Quiet work environment, very productive, challenging and fulfilling work. Enjoyed working on a variety of products, made friends for life with coworkers and paid well.
many reductions in force
A fost utilă această recenzie?
Evaluați compania la care ați lucrat recent
Faceți-vă cunoscută experiența pentru a ajuta alte persoane
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
As Data Center Hardware Specialist my days were full, but I worked directly with customers and was able to manage my day as needed. Management was supportive and the team members work closely with each other.
Pro
Flexibility
Late nights and Weekends
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
I worked at HP before they merged with CSC to form DXC Technologies but while I was at HP our revenues fell dramatically year over year after a series of awful acquisitions and complete lack of strategy by executive team. I made it through 90,000 lay-offs and curiously HP didn't even offer stock options to those of us who stuck around even though HP used most of their net profit to buy back shares and pay options. It's a typical corporate culture where the executives are rewarded for making idiotic acquisitions (EDS, Compaq, Autonomy, Palm) but the rank and file get punished with low pay and lay offs.
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
This probably applies to just about every job now, but HPE expects its engineers to work 60-70 hours a week. That would be okay with me if the pay was on par; HPE pays their engineers 10k less on average in my area.
Pro
Lots of work and job security.
Lower than average pay.
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
Great Job, Great company. A lot of movement with upper management so job security is downfall. I would work for company again if right opportunity presents itself.
Pro
Pay
security
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
I worked at Hewlett Packard Enterprise/Hewlett-Packard Company for over 30 years. Overall, I think it is a good company and I value my time there. I learned a great deal, and, for most of my career, had challenging and mostly satisfying work with great team members and management. In recent years, there was a lot less flexibility with regard to work locations which greatly limited advancement and new opportunities if you happened to already be in a location that was not a hub office for finance activities. With shrinking profit margins and increased competition, there was also the looming threat of work reduction initiatives which did finally catch up with me and my department members when our work was moved to a low-cost, offshore location. That is not a unique situation in today's work environment, however.
Pro
good benefits and compensation
Contra
lack of advancement opportunities in many locations unless you are able to re-locate
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
It was a fun place to work. I learned a lot and there was no shortage of training and development. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and having the opportunity to meet and work with new customers.
1,0
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
The management changes and new organization is nothing more than layoffs and chaos. Incredibly disappointing. There is no logic in terms of who gets fired and why, and I hate the lack of transparency from upper management.
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
My overall experience at HPE was favorable. I got to ride a wave that included a major organizational split, 2 spin mergers and several acquisitions.
Pro
stong market leadership
Contra
slow to recognize and adapt to new market realities
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
HPE was a great place to work. Unfortunately their merge strategy with CSC and rename company to DXC Technology just showed the Léo Apotheker strategy to split company 6 years ago was not wrong, but it was a place that I had a great pleasure to work for 8 years.
Pro
Solid company, good benefits
bad strategists
2,0
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
When I started with the company they were customer focused and now the customer is not the focus. The company is top heavy in middle management and the rank and files workers are let go to pay for the salaries.
Pro
Name recognition
Contra
Management via popular numbers that often have nothing to do with the customer or PNL
2,0
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
Unfortunately I wish I had better things to say about HP because I remember what a great culture they had in the 80s and 90s. But, with all the terrible acquisitions it ended up a mish mash of declining products with teams that never gelled. The EDS merger was a bad move, we got killed by the Indian Tier 1 firms on pricing and we never could compete with the large Management Consulting firms like EY and KPMG. The EDS managers never really felt they were part of HP. Probably good that this group is merging with CSC but beware, CSC has finished their re-organizations and there will be A LOT of layoffs coming from the HP side. Meg Whitman has said there are still 30,000 layoffs coming - maybe more as their revenues slide. Probably best to wait until summer of 2017 after merger to see how they are doing.
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
excellent co workers with good nature. Having good time with the work and happening events at office. Work stress is never too bad.. very well managed.
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
Manage migration of 1700 users from Citrix Virtual Desktop environment to VMware Horizon View VDI Technology. The team consists of 5 FTE Systems Engineers and two business analysts. Both vendors are also involved in the project with consultancy services, also a large number of Q/A testing individuals. The project took one year (I joined in the middle) with a budget of $600K. As part of a large Data Center Consolidation Program, The next project that I undertook to manage was migration of a data center to company’s centralized data center platform. This involved relocating hardware and applications, and installation of new hardware in data center also migrating 25 virtual Windows server 2003 to Windows 2008 SP2 and SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 and applications into new standard platforms and Vblock converged infrastructure. The team consisted of one Citrix, two DBAs and a consulting company to migrate Dynamics GP Application. The project took 5 months with $200Kbudget.
Cultura Locurilor de muncă
I have improved my skills a lot, working management is so good in our company.. Co-workers supported me in each and every aspect. Most enjoyable thing is working together and playing a prominent part in the growth of the company..